We use freeware software Radio Mobile for network coverage planning. This software uses ITS Irregular Terrain Model (Longley-Rice) a method for predicting the attenuation of radio signals for a telecommunication link in the frequency range of 20 MHz to 20 GHz.
Setting of a simulation task
- Tx-power: 4 dBm as we use 10 dBi antenna and the eirp limit is 14 dBm
- Rx-sensitivity: -120 dBm – even iC880 has -137 dBm sensitivity, we wittingly degrade this value with two intentions:
- to compensate missing house-buildings in our simulation model
- as the practical measurements shown, we hardly any receive signal < -120 dBm
- Antenna gain: 10 dBi
- Other losses: 1 dB losses on RF connectors, Lightning-arrester, coaxial cables anf UFL-to-SMA pigtail (it’s a measured value).
- Tx-pwr: 14 dBm as we use 0 dBi antenna
- Rx-sensitivity: -120 dBm – even various RF modems have a different sensitivity around-120 dBm
- Antenna gain: 0 dBi
- Other losses: 0 dB as we expect a short whip antenna directly connected to RF modem.